THE BEST SKINCARE TREATMENTS FOR THE WINTER SEASON
Our lives are getting busier every passing day. We need to take out some time to treat our skin the way it deserves. So, we made it easy for you. We have researched so far and came up with the best skincare treatments for the winter season.
1. AHA Treatment
2. Dermaplaning Treatment
3. Microneedling Treatment
4. BB Glow Treatment
AHA treatment is the skin surfacing treatment that promises to give smooth and an equal-tone skin.
If you are specifically looking for a gentle exfoliating treatment, then AHA treatment may be the right treatment for you to consider. AHA stands for Alpha-Hydroxy Acid.
Good skincare brands use different types of AHAs within their skincare products. There are a total seven types of Alpha-Hydroxy acids used in AHA Treatment.
Benefits of AHA Treatment
The most promising and well-researched use of AHA Treatment is that it deeply exfoliates the skin. Its further uses are;
- The presence of Glycolic acid helps in reducing scars and wrinkles.
- Lactic acid helps in brightening your skin and reduces discoloration.
- Stops whitehead and blackhead production.
- Reduce Appearance of smile lines.
- Improves skin texture.
- Promotes collagen.
- Improves proper blood flow.
How does AHA Treatment work?
With continuous exposure to the sun, our skin stops making new cells. The dead skin cells cause breakouts, aging, dark spots, wrinkles, and discoloration.
As AHA is an exfoliating agent, it helps to remove the dead cells of skin by exfoliating. It reveals a new fresh cell layer and promotes new cell formation giving a smooth texture to the skin.
AHA Treatment helps in treating hyperpigmentation, melasma, and sun damage by working on deeper layers of skin.
Who Should Go for AHA Treatment?
AHA Treatment is most commonly used to treat dry skin, acne, and aging skin. If your skin is
- going through pigmentation due to acne,
- dehydrating because of the winter season
- Or your skin is showing visible signs of aging, fine lines, and dark marks
- Then this treatment is for you. It is fine for all skin types. AHA Treatment is safe in pregnancy as well.
How to do AHA Treatment?
You can use customized AHA preserved products for the treatment. These products include,
- Face pads
Some of these products require leaving them on the skin, while some are wash-off products.
Peels for AHA Treatment are also available. These AHA peels are high-strength treatments for major skin concerns like hyperpigmentation, etc. People with busy schedules can go for AHA peels but only with the skin professionals recommendations.
Too frequent use of AHA products can lead to severe damage to the skin. Excessive use can cause;
- Uneven skin tone
- Increase sensitivity
Seek your skin professional for signs of overuse.
Dermaplaning is a cosmetic procedure that removes dead skin cells and facial hair with the help of a surgical scalpel called a dermatome.
- This process is called blading because the scalpel is like a shaving blade and does the same thing as a shaving blade.
- This treatment is best for one who wants bright, smooth, and youthful skin.
Benefits of Dermaplaning
Benefits of dermaplaning include;
- It exfoliates the skin by removing whiteheads and blackheads along with dead skin cells.
- It removes small unseen facial hair as well.
- This treatment claims to remove deep, uneven scarring from acne.
- People with any skin type acne, acne scars, excess facial hairs, dry skin can get dermaplaning.
- It’s a 30 minutes convenient, time-saving session.
- It’s a painless treatment.
- Last but not the least, it restores youthful, glowing skin.
First, the experts apply AHA-containing moisturizer for loosening up the dead skin cells. Then, they drag the sterile scalpel down across the skin at a 45-degree angle.
Gradually, the scalpel removes debris and dirt along with small hair giving you smooth, youthful skin. It will take 20-30 mins maximum.
- Dermaplaning can cost anywhere from 150$-250$ or depend on an expert’s demand.
- Usually, it’s not covered by insurance.
Here are some precautionary measures you should take care of;
- Make a small patch test before the session because results vary from person to person.
- Avoid, if it is irritating.
- Make sure that your dermatologist is using a sterile scalpel.
- Do apply some soothing substances like aloe vera after the session.
- Ask the expert to apply sunscreen after treatment; if he doesn’t.
Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that uses small fine needles to prick the skin. This process is also known as skin needling, percutaneous collagen induction (PCI), collagen induction therapy (CIT).
- It is used to treat;
- Large pores
- Dark uneven skin tone
- Sun damage
- It encourages the skin to make more collagen-rich cells.
- Collagen-rich cells lead to smooth, even tone skin.
Who should go for Microneedling?
- This treatment is considered good and worthy for people with perfect health.
- People who are suffering from active infections or who are on acne medications should not get this treatment.
- It is not safe for a pregnant woman.
- Minor redness and irritation are normal after the session.
Cost per session
- It may cost 100$-700$ per session
- It may also depend on your skin professionals' demand or in the area you want to have the procedure.
- The skin professional will move a roller with pin pricks over your skin evenly.
- The pinpricks will hit the dead cells and promote the skin’s inner layer to make collagen-rich cells.
- You won’t feel much pain because anesthesia will be used to reduce the pain to its least.
- The session will take 2 hours.
- After the session, some calming substances will be applied to reduce redness and irritation.
BB GLOW TREATMENT
BB glow treatment requires the application of powerful tinted pigment using the microneedling method. It’s a painless treatment which leads to bright and radiant skin. It also works by promoting the production of collagen-rich cells. Also, with proper treatments and sessions, this treatment can last up to half a year.
- Fewer wrinkles and fine lines.
- Less discoloration and even skin tone.
- Brighter and glowing skin.
- The therapist will use a microneedle with white serum in it.
- The serum contains Hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C to make the skin plumper and smoother.
- The needles will make the skin’s natural repairing mechanism work faster.
- It will cause the skin to make new collagen cells.
- You can choose your serum foundation shade as well.
- The session will take about an hour.
- BB Glow treatment can cost up to 100$-500$.
BB glow treatment also has some risks because of the infused non-degradable materials.
These risks include;
- Skin cancer
- Post-inflammatory pigmentation (PIH), mostly in paler skin tones.
Bottomline- What should you be doing?
Here are some preventive measures you should be careful of;
Make sure that you have consulted with your skin professional before getting any of these treatments.
The skin professional you are going to get these treatments from must be certified.
Consider asking your doctor to use sterile tools to minimize the risks.
Contact a professional Aesthetician near you to get the right treatment for you.